- for prudential regulation and enforcement activities in respect of the Australian financial services industry;
- to respond to requests under the Freedom of Information Act 1982 or Privacy Act 1988;
- to provide information to those requesting to be on an APRA mailing list;
- to employ staff, engage contractors and maintain the operations of APRA in compliance with legislation, rules and guidelines;
- to answer inquiries and process complaints made to APRA or respond to inquiries from the Commonwealth Ombudsman; and
- in correspondence with overseas regulators.
APRA is committed to:
- having access to the appropriate information, including personal and sensitive information, to enable APRA to fulfil its prudential regulatory remit and its obligations as an employer, contractor and government agency;
- ensuring that personal and sensitive information held is accurate and securely maintained; and
- ensuring individuals have a means to access and, if necessary, request the correction of personal and sensitive information held by APRA.